On a day like today, on May 7, 1985, the man who over the years would become one of the most prominent names in both urban music and the international music scene: José Álvaro Osorio Balvin, artistically known as J Balvin.
With more than 55 million monthly listeners on Spotify, the dubbed the prince of reggaeton is the eighth artist with the most listeners worldwide on the platform. With 15 years of career behind her, many things have changed since in 2007 she released her first single, Ecstasybecause his is undoubtedly a career full of successes and records.
Behind his back, the urban singer has more than 35 million sales between singles and albums, 5 Billboard Latin Music Awards, 4 Latin Grammys, 2 MTV Video Music Awards and 2 nominations for the Grammy Awards. In addition, in his career we have been able to witness collaborations with artists of the stature of Ed Sheeran, Bad Bunny, Rosalía, Cardi B, Daddy Yankee, Ozuna, Sech, Sean Paul, Anitta and an endless list of names that dominate the music industry today.
His songs are already part of the soundtrack of our summers and our livesand for this reason we want to take advantage of this important date to review some of the most inonic phrases of the artists: those that can be sung at the top of your lungs in concert, on the dance floor of any nightclub or in your living room:
- “Her heart hates you because of how badly you treated her and if she sees you on the street, she sure takes away your ego: you took her as an asshole, now you’re her asshole”. Relationship – Remix, Sech, Daddy Yankee, J Balvin, Rosalía, Farruko.
- “I thought I had forgotten you, but they put on the song… That we sang well drunk, that we danced well drunk, we kissed well drunk… the two of us” THE SONG; J Balvin and Bad Bunny, OASIS.
- “And I thought your name was dead, but I daydreamed about you” THE SONG; J Balvin and Bad Bunny, OASIS.
- “Tell me what the purpose is, to see your videos as Ester Expósito, you have me very crazy. I don’t understand what the problem is, if we like each other so much what is the dilemma”. The madness; Ozuna, J Balvin and Chencho Corleone.
- “Come a little closer, ma; I want you to stay with me.” ONE DAY; Dua Lipa, J. Balvin and Tainy.
- “With you forever, mommy. I don’t want to leave you this time” ONE DAY; Dua Lipa, J. Balvin and Tainy.
- “Tell me, Tainy, if you’re for the perreo, for the dancing, for the sobeteo. In the disco, you know, we break it ugly and if I see you, I beat you up” FollowJ Balvin and Ed Sheeran.
- “And if the people ask for (reggaetón, reggaetón) I’m not going to deny them (reggaetón, reggaetón) If the women ask for (reggaetón, reggaetón) Well, I’m going to give them (reggaetón, reggaetón)” Reaggeton; J Balvin.
- “God bless reggaeton, amen” Reaggeton; J Balvin.
- “What else, then? How has it been for you? Is she still single or does she already have a husband? I know it’s personal, forgive the boldness. I asked you for Christmas and Santa hasn’t brought you” What else then? J Balvin and Maria Becerra.
- “The disco is full and I’m thinking about you. How crazy, mommy, how crazy” what madness; J Balvin.
- “I pick her up at the V8 around nine. I give her a thumbs up for how rich she moves” AM REMIX; Nio Garcia, J Balvin and Bad Bunny.
- “Why highlighter?, if you shine alone” Brightness; J Balvin and Rosalia, Vibras.
- “This is so that what I do lasts. With Height!”, with height; Rosalia, J Balvin and El Guincho.
- “Like Celia Cruz I have sugar (Azúca’) Your girl saw me and went to her chest like Jimmy Snuka (Ah), we are going to knock down your wig” i like it; Cardi B, Bad Bunny and J Balvin, Invasion of Privacy.
- “Mommy, you’re very wild and I’m on safari. DJ don’t turn it down, play Tego and Daddy’s” In Da Getto; J Balvin and Skrillex, JOSE.
- “I grew up in the ghetto and the world in my house” In Da Getto; J Balvin and Skrillex, JOSE.
- “Today you win’ or I win, we don’t leave it’ in a draw” In Da Getto; J Balvin and Skrillex, JOSE.
- “I bought her some Moschino pantyhose for you to model and a Bond perfume. Oh, how delicious it smells!” Town – Remix; Karol G, Nicky Jam, Crissin, Totoy El Frio and Natan & Shander, JOSE.
- “You know what to do very well to wrap me up, but this time it’s too late already” WHAT DO YOU WANT; J Balvin and Bad Bunny; OASIS.
- “And that little body that you have’, the little bathing suit fits you. That little white girl catches the sun and immediately turns brown” Blue; J Balvin, Colors.
- “Mommy, tell me who you’re spending hours with. Tell me who devours you. My heart hurts, and I really miss the taste of your mouth”. from cora <3Rauw Alejandro and J Balvin, Aphrodisiac.
- “I call your body Picasso because you are art” from cora <3Rauw Alejandro and J Balvin, Aphrodisiac.
- “Mommy, mommy, with your body this party is a safari” Safari; J Balvin, BIA, Pharrell Williams, Sky, Energy.
- “All my people move, look how the rhythm has them. I make music that entertains. The world loves us, loves us, loves me” My peopleJ Balvin and Willy William, Vibras.