For some people, gaining weight or muscle mass can be as difficult as losing weight for others, so here are 9 foods to help you gain weight or muscle, the healthy way.
9 FOODS TO GAIN WEIGHT FAST
Drinking homemade protein smoothies can be a highly nutritious and quick way to gain weight. You can combine each variation with 2 cups (470 ml) of cow’s milk or soy milk if you are lactose intolerant. Both have more nutrients and calories than other milk alternatives.
- Chocolate Banana Smoothie: Combine 1 banana, 1 scoop of chocolate whey protein, and 1 tablespoon (15 ml) of peanut or other nut butter.
- Vanilla smoothie: Combine 1 cup (237 mL) of fresh or frozen berries, ice, 1 cup (237 mL) of high-protein Greek yogurt, and 1 scoop of vanilla whey protein.
- Chocolate and hazelnut shake: Combine 444 ml of milk chocolate with 1 scoop of chocolate whey protein, 1 tablespoon (15 ml) of hazelnut butter, and 1 avocado.
- Caramel Apple Shake: Combine 1 sliced apple, 1 cup (237 ml) of full-fat Greek yogurt, 1 scoop of caramel- or vanilla-flavored whey protein, and 1 tablespoon (15 ml) of unsweetened or flavored caramel sauce.
- Vanilla Blueberry Smoothie: Combine 1 cup (237 ml) of fresh or frozen blueberries, 1 scoop of vanilla whey protein, 1 cup (237 ml) of vanilla Greek yogurt, and sweetener if needed.
- Super green shake: Combine 1 cup (237 mL) of spinach, 1 avocado, 1 banana, 1 cup (237 mL) of pineapple, and 1 scoop of unflavored or vanilla whey protein.
All of these smoothies provide around 400 to 600 calories, along with a lot of protein and other important vitamins and minerals.
Used as a way to gain weight and muscle builder for decades, milk provides a good balance of protein, carbs and fat and is a good source of calcium, in addition to other vitamins and minerals, according to studies.
For those looking to build muscle, milk is an excellent source of casein and whey protein. Research has even shown that it can help you add muscle when combined with weight lifting.
One study showed that drinking a glass or two of whole milk (149 calories per cup) as a snack, with a meal, or before and after a workout if you’re training, helps build muscle.
Rice is a convenient, low-cost source of carbohydrates to help with weight gain. Just 1 cup (158 grams) of cooked white rice provides 204 calories, 44 grams of carbs and very little fat, according to the study. FoodData Central .
Rice is also high in calories, which helps you easily get a lot of carbs and calories from a single serving.
In order not to fall into the same, there are many ways to turn rice into a tasty meal. The easiest way to add flavor, calories, and a protein boost is to simply mix some of these ingredients together after you cook your rice:
- butter and parmesan cheese
- broccoli and cheese
- scrambled eggs
- toasted sesame seeds, peanuts or cashews
Rich in leucine, the key amino acid your body needs to stimulate muscle protein synthesis and add new muscle tissue, red meat is probably one of the best muscle building foods available.
Meat also contains 456 calories and nearly 49 grams of protein. Additionally, red meats are one of the best natural sources of dietary creatine, which is possibly the best muscle building supplement in the world, according to studies.
Lean and fatty meats are a great source of protein, although fatty meat provides more calorieswhich can help you gain weight.
POTATO AND STARCH
Potatoes and other starchy foods (quinoa, oatmeal, corn, squash, beans) are a very easy and economical way to consume extra calories in your daily life.
Not only do potatoes and other starches add carbs and calories to help with weight gain – they also increase your fat stores. muscle glycogen, which is the predominant fuel source for most sports and activities, as studies show.
SALMON AND OIL FISH
Salmon and oily fish are excellent sources of protein and important healthy fats, in addition, all the nutrients that salmon and oily fish provide, omega-3 fatty acids are among the most significant and known, as they provide you with countless nutrients. health benefits and help fight disease, according to studies.
You can get many different types of dried fruit, and they all have a naturally high sugar content, as well as providing antioxidants and micronutrients. This makes them great bets for gaining weight, especially as they are convenient to eat and taste great.
Dates are a great choice as they are nutritious, full of fiber and high in antioxidants. They’re also versatile and simple to prepare as a high-calorie snack. Just two Medjool dates alone provide around 130 calories.
We’re not talking about that high-sugar processed cereal. look for healthy cereal, like cooked oatmeal with whole milk. You can get about 130 calories from a 1-cup serving of cooked oatmeal.
Grain-based cereals and oatmeal also contain beneficial nutrients like fiber and healthy antioxidants, according to studies.
Eggs are an excellent choice when it comes to building muscle. That’s because they provide a great combination of high-quality protein and healthy fats. Each large raw egg weighing 2 ounces, in the shell (50 grams), has about 74 calories.
But it is very important to eat the whole egg. In fact, almost all of the beneficial nutrients in eggs are found in the yolk.