Discover the secrets to a delicious meal that enchants. Cod fritters with tomato rice is always irresistible!
A dish of cod fritters with malandro tomato rice is simple, but tremendously tasty. There are typical restaurants from north to south of the country that feel the need to put this snack on the menu and the reason is simple, it is absolutely delicious, which is why the Portuguese love it!
We will share with you all the secrets of this traditional dish that is very easy to prepare. The combination of flavors between the two complementary proposals makes it possible to present a very complete and satiating meal.
Cod fritters with tomato rice. What a delicacy!
quality of ingredients
When preparing any recipe, using fresh and local ingredients proves to be a sensible option. We must always strive for quality, because it makes all the difference!
The protagonism in the pataniscas should all go to the cod. Thus, we must chop the secondary foods very well so that the cod stands out. Thus, foods such as onions, parsley and garlic should be present, but discreet, just to add a little more flavor.
If these foods are not finely chopped, they will steal the cod from the spotlight. Cod is the big star in some pataniscas, so the main ingredient should not be disrespected…
It is very important to remove the fat from the fritters, because when they are fried in oil they become very greasy. If we manage to remove their fat, they are not only healthier, but more appealing. So, after frying them on both sides, the fritters should be removed from the frying pan as they are getting ready.
Immediately, the fritters should be transferred to a separate plate, properly prepared with absorbent paper. Afterwards, cover the fries with more absorbent paper to remove the fat that is on top of the fries.
Lettuce, bread and wine
Accompanying the fritters with a salad seems like a sensible option. You can include in the ingredients: lettuce, onion, cucumber or other options to your liking. Also serve bread, as many people like to put the pataniscas on bread (some people do it even when they eat tomato rice…). Take the opportunity to put a bottle of white wine on the table…
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2 eggs
- 1 onion
- 1 cod fillet
- 1/2 glass of white wine
- 100g flour
- 150ml olive oil
- 25ml cod cooking water
- 1.5 c. milk soup
- nutmeg qb
- pepper to taste
- He must
- Chopped parsley to taste
- Start by placing all the ingredients listed next to you, available.
- First, place the cod fillet in a pan with boiling water.
- Then let it cook for 5 to 7 minutes.
- Afterwards, remove the cod from the water (reserve the water) and let it cool.
- After the cod has cooled, clean it of bones and skins.
- Then, shred the cod. Reserve.
- Place the flour, milk, eggs and wine in a bowl, mix.
- Then, mix the ingredients until you get a homogeneous cream.
- Then add the chopped onion and garlic.
- Also add 25ml of the cod cooking water.
- Then, toss everything together, mixing the ingredients well.
- Finally, add the cod flakes and nutmeg.
- Immediately add the chopped parsley and season with salt and pepper.
- Afterwards, mix in the ingredients.
- Then let the dough rest for 1 to 2 hours.
- After this time has passed, place the oil in a non-stick frying pan.
- Then, in the hot oil, fry pieces of the dough.
- Fry the fritters on both sides, once.
- Then remove the fritters when they are golden.
- Let them drain a little, place them on absorbent paper before serving.
- Enjoy it!
naughty tomato rice
– 4 cups of water
– 4 ripe tomatoes (skinless and seeded) broken into pieces
– 2 garlic cloves
– 1 onion
– 1 bay leaf
– 1 cup of carolin rice
– 3 tbsp of olive oil
– salt qb
– Chopped parsley to taste
– Start by placing all the ingredients listed next to you, available.
– First, in a pan with the oil, place the chopped onion and garlic.
– Then add the bay leaf and stir-fry.
– When the onion is golden, add the tomatoes.
– Then let it cook for two minutes.
– Then add the rice and stir.
– Then add the water.
– Then season it with salt.
– Afterwards, let the rice cook on low heat.
– When the rice grains start to open in H, remove from the heat.
– Afterwards, sprinkle the rice with chopped parsley.
– Serve immediately the rice to accompany the pataniscas.
– When serving, accompany with bread and a green salad to your liking.
– Enjoy it!
Now that you know how to make cod fritters with tomato rice, just follow the steps shown here. If you have any suggestions for seasonings or recipes that you would like to see on our website, let us know.
If the topic explored in this article is of interest to you, you can search for other articles on fish recipes. There are several on NCultura that you will like.
If you are interested in knowing more about other topics that you cannot find on NCultura, you can always leave us suggestions on topics that can be explored.
If you feel an immense passion for Culture, visit us daily. There will be many articles on NCultura that you will love!
Let yourself fall in love with NCultura and explore the different themes present here. Among them are areas such as: Travel, Wines, Portuguese Language, Stories, Lifestyle, among others…