The purpose of the policy indicated in this document is to inform users of WorldMaritime about the behavior of our company regarding the processing of personal data collected through our portals.
1 | Harvest:
What the collected information is used for.
All information collected from users in MundoMaritimo is intended to:
(1) Provide services, content and personalized advertising to the user when browsing the MundoMaritimo portals
(2) Carry out internal studies on the demographic data, interests and behavior of our users. The information is used to better understand and serve our users.
These data that you provide freely and voluntarily, are intended to provide a better service, information and utilities to our users. You have the right not to agree to deliver them, renouncing the benefits that our website delivers.
If you decide to provide such data, we are obliged to you to maintain a clear and regular conduct, subject to the policy that we express below, of which you are informed and that you accept.
Our policy regarding the data collected is as follows:
The responsibility for the veracity of the data collected in this way is exclusive to the user.
We maintain an Off-Line database, which ensures your clients total privacy, regarding the data provided to MundoMaritimo.
On the other hand, a recognized external company that provides duly certified connectivity and hosting services “hosts” our sites on its web servers, 365 days a year, seven days a week and twenty-four hours, which ensures that our site has the least chance of a “crash” on the web or intrusions by “hackers” who violate our Portal.
Without prejudice to the responsibilities that correspond to the user, MundoMaritimo will take special care when collecting, maintaining, using, publishing or distributing the personal information linked to users and visitors, verifying that the data is correct, complete and adequate to fulfill the purposes for which they will be used.
The user who has previously delivered data or personal information to MundoMaritimo, may request its modification, correction or elimination, by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org, indicating their name, rut, address, telephone, and clearly expressing that information of the that you have delivered you want to modify or delete.
In any case, and as a security measure, MundoMaritimo reserves the right to verify the authenticity of the communication.
6. Publication and exchange:
MundoMaritimo, as a general rule, will not transfer, assign, sell or otherwise provide your personal data to any person. MundoMaritimo could transfer, disclose or transfer the data collected from its users to third parties according to the following circumstances:
(1) In case of having the explicit approval of the user, their personal data may be used by third parties for the purpose of direct marketing, telephone calls, to send emails, among others. The user has the right and the option to deny the receipt of this information by third parties.
(2) In the case of “business contacts”, your personal data may be used by third parties only for the purpose of being able to complete and execute the transaction that motivated the delivery or collection of that information.
(3) That information that is required by law, a court order or other legally valid procedure that requires it.
7. Use of information linked to third parties:
In case of having the corresponding approval, MundoMaritimo will use the user’s information to communicate and inform him, through email, about:
(1) Modifications to its existing services or products, appearance of new services or products, or others specified by the user.
(2) Information, offers or any type of marketing promotion that MundoMaritimo may grant to the user.
(3) Suggestion by the user about “recommend this news to a friend”
8. Services provided by third party companies on the site:
Occasionally, MundoMaritimo may hire the services of external companies, in order to deliver new services and products through this website. The information collected in your case by these companies, will be governed by the user agreement of the same.
9. Associated advertising
Regarding advertising services or promotional information, in order to present you with associated services that may be of interest to you, we have links with other companies that we allow to place advertising on our pages. These companies could individually request your information directly from you, being their sole responsibility the management and handling of this information.
Finally, MundoMaritimo does not guarantee the privacy of the user’s personal information, if he provides or disseminates information in public telephone directories, press reports, publications, chat areas, bulletins or other similar. Such information may be collected by third parties, with or without your consent. The user discloses that information at his own risk.