Rio Ave and Casa Pia ensured their promotion to the League this Sunday. Rio Ave, by beating Chaves by 3-0, became champion with 70 points and passed first, immediately returning to the first tier after a year in Liga 2; Casa Pia beat Leixões 5-1 and is second with 68 points, also with a direct pass, coming back 83 years later. Chaves has 64 points and will have to go to the play-off with Moreirense.
Remember the morning movie:
FINAL. Party in Vila do Conde with the first place ensures, in Matosinhos Casa Pia also celebrates. Chaves will have to go to the playoffs.
90+2: Derick makes it 5-1 to Casa Pia.
89 – Last minutes in Matosinhos and Vila do Conde
80 – Aderllan Santos scores the second for Rio Ave, 3-0 in Vila do Conde.
76 – Rio Ave makes the 2-0 and is getting closer and closer to the ascent. Aderllan Santos scores shortly after Chaves captain Luís Rocha was sent off.
61 – Leixões reduces in Matosinhos, 1-4, by Leo Bolgado. As for the accounts, everything is the same: at this point Rio Ave has virtually 70 points, Casa Pia 68 and Chaves 64.
46 – Matches restart
BREAK: At this point, Rio Ave and Casa Pia go up, Chaves goes to the play-off with Moreirense.
38 – 4-0, Casa Pia. Jota marks his second and fourth for the Lisboners.
15 – 3-0 to Casa Piabrand Jota Silva.
— SPORT TV (@SPORTTVPortugal) May 15, 202two
12 – 2-0 to Casa Pia. Joao Vieira scores.
9 – Casa Pia advances on Leixões ground by Muscat. The result underlines that Chaves has to win Rio Ave to be able to climb directly. At this point, Rio Ave and Casa Pia go up, Chaves goes to the play-off.
1m – Rio Ave enters in the best way, with Aziz opening the scoring. With this scenario, Rio Ave rises in first, Casa Pia rises in second and Chaves goes to the playoff.
With regard to relegation (matches at 3.30 pm), Covilhã (goes to Amadora) and Varzim (hosts Mafra) discuss who goes down directly and who plays the maintenance play-off with a Liga 3 team (Alverca or UD Leiria) .
These were the scenarios regarding the division upgrade:
Rio Ave ascends to the League if:
– Win or draw with Chaves (being equal champion). A tie and Casa Pia winning at Leixões would be equal points, but Vilacondenses prevail in the direct confrontation.
– Losing against Chaves and Casa Pia not beating Leixões.
Rio Ave goes to the play-off if:
– Losing with Chaves and Casa Pia winning. Vilacondenses are out of the first two places because Flavienses would get the better in direct confrontation.
Casa Pia moves up to the League if:
– Beat Leixões.
– Draw with Leixões and Chaves not win in Vila do Conde.
– Lose with Leixões and Chaves lose in Vila do Conde.
(if Leixões wins and Rio Ave loses with Chaves, it becomes champion)
Casa Pia goes to the play-offs if:
– Draw with Leixões and Chaves win Rio Ave.
– Losing with Leixões and Chaves drawing in Vila do Conde. There would be punctual equality between Casa Pia and Chaves, but the flavienses prevail in the direct confrontation.
Chaves moves up to the League if:
– Beat Rio Ave.
– Draw with Rio Ave and Casa Pia lose. There would be punctual equality between Casa Pia and Chaves, but the flavienses prevail in the direct confrontation.
(They are champions if they beat Rio Ave and Casa Pia doesn’t beat Leixões. There would be a point equality between Chaves and Rio Ave, but the flavienses get the better in the direct confrontation)
Chaves goes to the play-off if:
– Lose with Rio Ave.
– Draw with Rio Ave and Casa Pia to score in Matosinhos.
Scenarios regarding division descent:
Varzim drops from division if:
– Lose with Mafra.
– Draw with Mafra. In the case of a punctual equality between Varzim and Covilhã, the Serra lions prevail in the direct confrontation.
Varzim plays the play-off if:
– Winning Mafra and Covilhã not winning.
Covilhã drops from division if:
– Lose with Estrela and Varzim beat Mafra.
– Draw and Varzim beat Mafra.
Covilha goes to the play-off if:
– Beat the Star.
– Draw and Varzim does not win.
– Losing and Varzim not winning. In the event of a defeat for Covilhã and a tie for Varzim-Mafra, there would be a point equality between Varzim and Covilhã, but the Serra lions have the better of the direct confrontation.